Sunday, June 5, 2016

8 Months Down, 16 to Go

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a good week. Mine was just slow and I don't have much to write about. So I've finished training my companion and we haven't been getting a lot of work. So I really haven't had anything to do for the last week. Nothing new to report on in the offices.

In our area, well we didn't have much time to work there either due to some special circumstances. We did have time to visit Perla and Francia twice this week. The first lesson, I was able to put a new baptism date for them, and I'm sure that this date won't fall or get pushed back again. It's for June 11th, so they'll need all the prayers that they can get. We've taught all the missionary lessons, so we just need to make sure that they keep saying their prayers and reading their scriptures. They have 4 attendances but our zone leaders said that it's possible to baptize with less than 5 attendances and if they have all the lessons. So that's our goal right now, just to wrap it up and get those two baptisms. After lots of hard work with them, I hope I get to see their baptisms before I leave the area. The second lesson we had with them, we went on divisions. Elder Finlayson came with me and we taught them the 10 commandments. It was a great lesson. One of the best I've had in the mission. And I was really glad that I was doing it with my best friend in the mission. Heck, even Perla and Francia said that they preferred Elder Finlayson over Elder Garcia and Elder Paravicini. Elder Finlayson is the man.

Other than that, there's not much else to write about but Presidente emailed me this week to tell me that after this transfer, I'm leaving to serve in another area. I asked him last week what my fate was and he gave me the answer. So I'm glad that I get to leave the offices because I feel like I can be a regular missionary again, working all day in the Lord's vineyard. 

So that's all folks, I love you all and have a great week.

Love,
Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment