Monday, February 8, 2016

Teaching People

Hello everyone! I'm doing well, I'm busy, and I work hard. My companion and I are working really well together, we teach efficiently and so we teach a lot of lessons. An average amount of lessons in a week per companionship is about 20, but Elder Uicab and I are teaching about 35-40 lessons per week. Our numbers are the best in the zone. We're having a lot of success. But... no baptisms. I won't be able to baptize this transfer, we had one slated for Feb 13th, but it got pushed back a week, when transfers are Feb 15th. I'm pretty sure this upcoming week is my last in this area, then I feel like I'm getting sent to the Baja California. Or I might stay in Culiacan, but I don't think I'm going to Mazatlan. So, onto the weekly update.

Tuesday, weekly district meeting, and then I made flan! A sister in the ward taught me how to make flan, so I have the recipe now. And it turned out really good! Then later that evening I bought a pizza for my companion and I, and the Fam. Medina. We also taught some lessons.

Wednesday, we walked about 30 minutes to our lunch appointment. Wednesdays and Thursdays we have lunch really far away, almost outside of Culiacan, at the bottom of a mountain. We visited Candelario, who is going to be baptized on Feb. 20th.

Thursday, we were busy all day with lessons and appointments. We walked so much underneath the brutal Culiacan sun. My face got a little burnt and my feet hurt and I was drained. Nothing too crazy, just staying busy and being a missionary.

Friday, was a little bit slower, we still stayed busy although some appointments fell through. I don't know how, but we always manage to find something to do when all else fails. We taught the Fam. Burgueños about the Book of Mormon, they already have testimonies of the Church, they just need to go to church before their baptism.

Saturday, another slow day, we ate breakfast with a less-active family, but we taught a lot of lessons and walked a lot, looking to teach investigators for their first time. We got a sad text message, that the Fam. Lopez Madrid won't receive us for a while. We finished the week with 38 lessons. It's a high score for me and my companion in our missions.

Sunday, we had church, I was disappointed that none of our investigators or less-active families didn't come to church, even though they committed to coming. We offer rides, we offer to walk with them to church, but it's frustrating when people use their free agency to pass on making good choices. I'm learning a lot about how Heavenly Father must feel about me when I don't make good decisions, even when I know what's right and what's wrong.

So yeah, that's it for this week. Make good choices! Study your scriptures! Pray often! Go to Church!! Love you all!

Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment