Sunday, March 20, 2016

Secretario de Materiales

Buenas tardes a todos! Espero que tuvieron una buena semana. Anyways, this week has been fun, I've been learning a lot on the fly with my new assignment of secretary of materials. I have the responsibility of being the referral manager of the mission, so all the missionaries give me references, and then I send these references to the areas where they belong, and sometimes other missions. A reference is a name and address of a person who wants to meet with missionaries. Also, I order materials from the Church for the missionaries, and I distribute the materials to all the zones across the mission. So I send packages of church materials down to Mazatlan and over to the Cabos. I'm also secretary of records, so I put all the baptism information and records into the Church system. I have my own cell phone, and lots of missionaries call me for help.

Well, my weekly updates are going to be a bit different while I'm in the offices. I guess I'll say that everyday this week I've been in the offices from 9am-2:30pm. From there, we go to our lunch appointments, then we go to work like normal, preaching, contacting in the street, teaching, those types of things. The area is a bit different than what I'm used to, but it's a nice change of pace. The area is very slope-y, all of my area, (a whopping 8 streets) is full of streets with 45 degree inclines. It's tough on the legs haha. It's a bit harder to have lessons here, but I'm going to work hard to get the lessons. This area is mostly street contacting, and we only have 4 hours of normal preaching time. Well everything is doing good, nothing too crazy this week, I'm glad I have my warm water showers and my washer machine. I have a decent bed too so all is well! 

So that's all I got for now. I'll talk to you all next week! Remember Jesus loves you!

Love,
Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment