Sunday, January 31, 2016

Continuing The Work

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing great! Is everyone reading their scriptures daily? Saying their prayers? Looking for opportunities to serve others and share the gospel? I invite you all to strive to be a little bit better everyday; I promise the Lord will bless you for your efforts.

So here's the weekly update; this week was a little rough, but I remembered to keep my head up and keep working hard, without thinking about myself. Without further ado, here's the weekly update:

Tuesday, we had our weekly district meeting, then we visited Angela and San Juana. We showed them the Restoration video, and then we challenged them with baptism, and they accepted! Afterwards, we ate lunch, then some more lessons, and then we got to know Rafael and Xochilt.

Wednesday, we had our worldwide missionary training broadcast. Elders Neil L. Andersen and Dallin H. Oaks were 2 of the 5 speakers. They taught from Preach my Gospel, and afterwards, I felt ready to work super hard. But, the Lord had something different planned. A lot of our appointments fell through, some of our investigators didn't make good decisions in their lives, and so my companion and I felt down. But we said to ourselves that we're going to have faith and work diligently no matter what. So out of no where, we were able to have several service opportunities. We shared a little bit about the Church too. So the Lord blessed us for our faithfulness and diligence.

Thursday, not much work, it was a slow day. Appointments cancelled, and we were struggling to find something to do with our time. We had our weekly ward mission meeting too.

Friday, we had our weekly planning session. A Jehovah's Witness knocked on our door to give us some of their materials. So my companion and I exchanged, and we gave the JW a pamphlet of the Restoration as well. We ate lunch, we got to work, and we  tried finding people to contact.

Saturday, We had our zone conference. Our zone leaders gave us some training, and then it was time for lunch. We had lots of work today. Usually the weekends are more busy; families are home, people aren't working, so we take advantage of the weekends and we had a lot of appointments. We visited the Fam. Guerrero Gaxiola, the Fam. Ortiz, and some others.

Sunday, we had church. But Diego and Alejandra didn't show up, so their baptism dates fell. Not going to lie, I was frustrated with them. I know the gospel brings so many blessings and real happiness, but many people pass on the opportunity to salvation. In church, I volunteered to teach Gospel Principles. After church, we returned home, ate lunch, when all of our appointments cancelled. So we walked around our area, looking for opportunities to teach or contact.

So yeah, that's about it. My plan is to work harder this week, even though the last few days weren't too good. I invite you all again, if you haven't picked up the Book of Mormon in a while, to pick it up and start reading. I know that you'll learn something and you'll receive blessings. Talk to you all next week!

Love, 
Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment