Friday, May 27, 2016

Easter Week and 6 Months Down, 18 to Go

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone has had a good Spring Break and that they've been remembering the Savior Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us. I've been teaching a lot of lessons about the Atonement and what the Savior went through, so I've had plenty of time to study and think about Easter. Isn't it quite amazing how the Savior suffered so much for us, out of love for us? I can't even comprehend the love He has for all of us. We really are sons and daughters of God if the Savior was willing to go through all of that for us. He certainly does love us, and He will never leave us alone in this world. We only have to continually strive to be better everyday, just a little bit everyday, nothing extreme. It's possible for us to receive eternal life this way. 

Anyways, this week I also finish 6 months of serving a mission. It seems just like yesterday I was just getting started in the MTC. Time is flying so much faster now. Another transfer down too. 

So here's the weekly update quickly:

This week has been a bit different. We haven't had too much time to proselyte, but when we did, nobody was home or in the streets. Culiacan was a ghost town haha. Everyone left for Spring Break. So we taught a few lessons about Easter, we were in the offices every day like normal, but yesterday I didn't have any work to do so I was on Familysearch.org. I decided to get involved in family history work and in just one day, I was able to find 53 names to submit to the temple. I just kept thinking about all of my ancestors and how they must be waiting to accept the ordinances, but it all depends on us going to the temple, or even looking for names. Also this week, we've been preparing for transfers this Monday. My companion and I are staying the same, but I know a lot of missionaries will be coming to the offices and asking for materials so I've been stocking up haha. 

Really there's not too much to report on. Summer is getting started here in Culiacan. The heat is dry and heavy. Just 5 minutes of walking makes you break a sweat.

I hope everybody is well! Make sure to remember the Atonement and the Savior this weekend! Spring Break isn't a time for "vacations," but a time for us to ponder and remember Him.

Anyways, Have a good week! Love you all!

Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment