Friday, May 27, 2016

This Week

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing great. I'm still doing well, there's nothing that can go wrong when one is working in the Lord's vineyard! There's so many blessings from serving others and I invite you all to search for opportunities in your individual lives to serve your fellow being (Mosiah 2:17). Time is just flying by now. The first 4-5 months were a lot slower, but now as I'm approaching month #6, it seems like I just started my new transfer in the office yesterday. I'll hit my 6 month mark on March 30th. I can't believe how fast time is going by. TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN

So this week has been a bit crazy. So my companion, Elder Garcia and I have gone to the airport several times this week. Since my companion is in charge of the missionaries' immigration stuff, we went to the airport to drop off and pick up some sister missionaries who needed to get some immigration documents straightened out. I felt so weird in the airport. I felt like I shouldn't be there yet. I still have 19 months left before I have to go home! It can't be leaving earlier! Haha so it felt strange. Monday and Tuesday were airport days. We went to the offices like usual in the mornings until lunch, but after lunch we had to go to the airport on both days. Wednesday, everything was more calm. We got work done like usual, and we were able to teach some really good lessons that evening. We taught Perla and Francia, who are our two investigators who have a baptism date for April 9th, then we taught Abraham, a more elderly man, another one of our investigators. Then to finish the night, we taught Tere and her husband. For the first time, we were able to teach Tere's husband. He's a devout Catholic, but we shared our Easter message with them and we shared the scripture Alma 7:11-14, so we talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Thursday, we worked like normal in the office, then we left to go to lunch. We weren't able to work too much in the afternoon because President called us back to do some favors for him. When we left it was about 6pm, so then we finally got to work in our area. Work was slow, we were unable to find many people to teach. We only found one member and we shared our message about the Atonement. Friday was a slow day. I didn't have too much work in the offices, and then after lunch, my companion felt sick so we went to the house so he could rest for a bit. We left the house to go to our appointments, we taught Francia about the Book of Mormon, and then we returned to the house a little early again for my companion. 

Most people think that Jesus Christ only came to the earth to pay for our sins and nothing more. But that's not true. He came to teach us and establish His Church by putting apostles, prophets, and the priesthood in place. Also, He came so that He might know how to help us in our times of sorrow, during our trials and tribulations, and our pains and sicknesses. I testify that Christ was resurrected, that He lives, and that He is ALWAYS by our side. We are never alone. He suffered, died, and came back so that everyone who has ever lived, everyone who lives now, and everyone who will live, will have a chance to make changes to their lives. He invites us to follow His example, and to live our lives more in harmony with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm just doing really well right now. I'm enjoying my mission, the work is going good (in the office and in our area), and I'm making memories that I'll remember for eternity. Deciding to serve a mission has absolutely been one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. I love serving the Lord. I love serving the people of Culiacan, and I love serving all of my companions in the mission. there's no other place I'd rather be right now.

Well everyone, I hope you all have a great week! Enjoy your Spring Break, but don't forget to remember our Savior's sacrifice!

I love you all!
Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment