Friday, May 27, 2016

End of April which means Summer is really going to start and kick my butt

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. This week has been a little difficult for me. Well we were able to work in our area more but with our increased efforts, we didn't see much success. We were able to teach Perla and Francia a few times this week. They've been giving us less and less attention so the lessons don't really have the Spirit, so we're working on trying to get them to focus and concentrate. They weren't able to come to church last Sunday so not much else to report on but that we still have a lot of work to get done with them if we're aiming for the May 7 baptism. Tuesday night I got really sick from lunch that day. Wednesday I went to the hospital because I felt really bad. They told me that I had an intestine infection. They gave me the option of taking a prescription with medicine, AND a shot in the butt, or they could put an IV in me for an hour and a half. I chose the prescription. After going to the hospital, I was tired, but we went back to our area to keep on working for an hour before we returned to the house for the night. Thursday I felt somewhat better. Friday I felt bad again, but we kept on and went to work. This week the heat has been noticeably increasing, with no end in sight for the near future. With May, the infamous summer officially begins.

I think that's all for this week, nothing else has really happened. I've been busy in the offices like always and in the few minutes of free time that I get in between tasks at the office, I work on Family History and I've been able to find a total of 200 names of people who can get at least one ordinance done in the temple. Presidente Velez will be doing transfers this Monday so I'll find out whether next transfer will be my last in the offices or whether I'm here for the long run until September or October.

So yeah. Face each day with a motivation to help some other person in any way and you'll be richly blessed. I've learned to do everything for the Lord and although I may not see the results now, I trust the Lord to take care of everything in His time. 

Love you all and have a great week.
Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment