Friday, May 27, 2016

The Heat

Hello everyone!

This week has been really good and uplifting. We've seen lots of little miracles and blessings and some puzzle pieces are starting to fall into place with our area. So Monday was transfers, and my old companion, Elder Garcia left for La Paz, Baja California Sur, and I received Elder Paravicini. He's from Bolivia. As soon as he got to the offices Monday morning, I put him to work. I've been teaching him everything I know about being secretary of materials, references and records, and he's been learning quickly and well. After our time in the offices, we went to work. We've taught some really good lessons and I'm able to see how much progress I've made in my 7.5 months in the mission. I've been unofficially designated as the missionary leader in our ward, since we have two sets, but my companion and the other set are all new, so I'm the only familiar face in the ward. I'm showing the other set of missionaries some parts of the area, and I'm also the senior missionary in the offices. I have the most experience.

This week we were able to visit Perla and Francia three times, and on Tuesday, we reviewed the baptismal interview questions with them to measure their progress. Although their baptism dates fell, we used this lesson as an opportunity to put new dates for the 28th of this month. They accepted, and we're going to be working hard alongside of them to get them to church tomorrow and next Sunday so that they'll be ready for the 28th. We visited Abraham, and he still has a lot of desires to go to church. He told us that he'll meet us there Sunday morning. We've also been contacting a lot and we've received a bunch of references. The other elders in our ward, the new set, have been contacting a lot to get new investigators so they've passed a few contacts to us. We've been able to talk to these references and we've put a few appointments to visit again. When we talked to one of the contacts that the other elders gave us, we had a first lesson, and we were even able to challenge him with baptism and he accepted. He's proof that the Lord really does prepare people for baptism, and that we just need to go out, and the Lord will lead us to these people. 

This week has been pretty good overall. I've had the chance to talk to several new people and bear my testimony about the restoration of the gospel. Although they may not accept the missionaries, they are receiving their opportunity and I'm doing my part in the Lord's work. I've found happiness in this work, even though it gets difficult sometimes. 

I testify of the truthfulness of the Church and that this life is a time of preparation and testing for us. We must do everything that we can for the Lord and I promise that you all will be blessed for your dedication to the Lord. Have a great week and make sure to say your prayers and read the Book of Mormon.

Love,
Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment