Friday, May 27, 2016

Onto Transfers and Mother's Day

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing better than last week! This week I managed not to get sick and so that helped me have a better week. I also decided to focus my studies more on rereading the Book of Mormon. I've been reading the New Testament, but I felt like something was missing from my life and obviously it was the Book of Mormon. So I've been concentrating on that more.

So transfers. My companion is leaving and going to La Paz, Baja California Sur, and I'm getting a new companion, Elder Paravicini, from Bolivia. He will be the next secretary of materials, which means this coming transfer will be spent training him. I'm going to train him better than the past secretary of materials trained me, because I had to learn a lot on my own. It's my goal to leave the offices in a better shape than when I came. Most likely, this will be my last transfer in the offices, but who knows what President will do, he could ask me to stay longer. He's already calling missionaries to be the assistants for 6 months and not the normal 3. So the Mission President change at the end of June is tossing things up in the air. 

This week we were able to teach Perla and Francia a few times and Abraham twice. We were also able to teach Susanna, a street contact, for the second time, which makes her a solid investigator. We've finished with the missionary discussions with Perla and Francia, so we teach them various points of the gospel and we read Lehi's Vision with them too. We explained it as we read and it was a good lesson. Their baptism dates fell as they only have 3 attendances, and we were unable to put new dates this week, so next week the main goal is to put new dates to dunk them. We visited Abraham and taught baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. He has strong desires to go to church and a brother from church happened to walk by as we were teaching so he was befriending Abraham and invited him to church too, so that was really some good timing. We are still waiting for Abraham to go to church before we put a baptism date, but he told us that he'd gotomorrow so let's see what happens. And Susanna, we talked a little bit more about the Plan of Salvation, and she even invited us into her house! The few times we've talked with her and the first time we taught her, we taught her at her door with a busy street right behind us, so we were able to get the Spirit going and hopefully we can keep seeing her.

This morning we (as a zone) surprised Hermana Velez with a huge poster and some balloons for Mother's Day. We walked to her house and then she cooked up some breakfast for us, and then let us watch a movie called "The Cookville Miracle." So that was pretty fun on our P-day.

So yeah, that's about it for the week. Next week I'll have more to report on about transfers, and I'll be busy showing my companion the ropes. And tomorrow I'm calling home (yeah!!). So it's going better now.

Love you all and Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there, especially my own who taught me to be a good kid and to follow the example of the Savior.

Sincerely,
Elder Finkner

No comments:

Post a Comment